I believe I’ve mentioned before that I am addicted to facebook. In recent months, a number of old high school friends have joined and I am having a blast reconnecting with some of them. I don’t remember who started it, but there is now an abundance of our old school days photos being uploaded there and it’s great to reminisce.
In a lot of ways, I miss who I was back then. I miss my independent spirit. I miss my devil-may-care attitude. I miss the feeling of being totally, head-over-heels for someone. I miss trusting people and having close friends that I could talk to about anything. I miss being so open and unguarded. And I totally miss that body!! What the hell happened to that girl?! I know she’s buried in here somewhere, under many layers of fat and abuse and self-doubt that have accumulated over the past 15 years.
I’m not one to make New Years’ resolutions, but this year, I’d like to try and find that girl again, dust her off, and let her shine. Even just a little bit.
I don’t think I’ve ever really made any New Year’s resolutions before. So why not try something different and actually decide on a few goals for this year? Here we go…
- Reach my goal weight. I’ve wavered on my new beginning with WW the past few weeks. So starting now, it’s back on plan and making a genuine effort to learn to eat properly again. It’s not a diet, it’s a LIFESTYLE CHANGE! That’s the only way I’ll lose it and keep it off. And I have every intention of doing just that.
- Money matters. If I don’t have it, don’t spend it. Yes, that means put the damn credit card away. I’ve been caught in a viscious cycle of sending every spare dime to my debt, but then I’m always broke so I use the card. Which means, I’m getting nowhere. So this week, I will re-create a NEW budget that I can honestly live within while still making substantial payments towards my debt.
- Stop procrastinating so much at work. If I would start being a little more proactive, I should be able to put an end to the long hours atleast some of the time.
- Stop sleeping on the damn couch. I think that is one of the key causes of my sleep issues.
- Stop being such a wimp and make a genuine effort to start dating again. And by dating, I do not mean the “friends with benefits” situations I’ve gotten into in the past year or so.
Ok. I think that’s plenty. And realistic. Good luck to everyone else on theirs. Let’s have a kickass year!