Suze Orman’s 2009 Action Plan: Keeping Your Money Safe & Sound by Suze Orman
My Review: 3 of 5 stars
If you’ve read any of Suze’s other books, there’s not a lot that is new here. It’s geared towards actions to take in our current economic crisis, although, the advice is pretty similar to what it would be any other time. Only here, the emphasis on having an emergency fund (8 months minimum) and paying off debts is much more crucial.
In between all of my meetings yesterday, I managed to actually make it IN to my office around 1pm. There I found an envelope addressed to me, sitting on my desk. Hmmmm.
When I opened it, I found a card from my boss. She thanked me for all the work I have been doing on reports lately (a key area that I have been tasked with improving) and emphasizing their “greatful”-ness that I joined the team.
Oh, and $100 worth of American Express Gift Cheques. Score.
Get paid to blog?! Sounds too good to be true, but let’s dig a little deeper, shall we?
I was browsing random blogs one day and came across a link that claimed I could earn some cash while doing something I already do…blog. Of course, I clicked on that link quicker than a hungry monkey could eat a banana.
After reading all about it, I thought it sounded like a great way to add a little cushion to my pocketbook. Have you bought gas lately? Then you know what I’m talking about. I mean, come on, somebody is going to give me money for something I do anyway and it doesn’t cost me anything other than a little of my time? Sign me up!
I did, in fact, join PayPerPost. All I have to do is accept blog opportunities that appeal to me. It can be anything from reviewing a product to giving feedback on a particular website to blog reviews. The list is constantly changing and there is a lot of variety in topics. In exchange, I get some extra bucks to fill my tank! Super-duper bonus would be to earn enough to put a dent in my debt. Let’s see how it goes.
Either way, it sounds like a win-win to me. If I’m wrong, I’ll be the first to admit it.
Courtesy of the Ditsy Chick…
5 Weird Things About Me
- I never ever EVER let silverware touch my teeth. I use my lips to get things off a fork, spoon, etc. Just the idea of my teeth touching the metal makes my toes curl. And not in the good way either.
- Stray hairs in the sink or tub make me gag. I cannot brush my teeth or wash my face over the sink if there is even one tiny little hair on or near the sink. I hold my breath (don’t ask me why), close my mouth as tight as possible, and grit my teeth until they’ve all been wiped away.
- I have a ridiculously nervous stomach. If I get emotional (angry, sad, happy, you name it) to the extreme, I get naueseous. And shake.
- Clowns freak me out. Ok, that’s probably not that weird, since I have several friends that feel the same way.
- I can’t whistle. I try, but it’s just pathetic. In my head, I’m whistling a tune. In reality, I’m blowing air and if I happen to hit a note, it’s the same one over and over.
5 Snacks I Like:
- Toffee Almond Crunch ‘n Munch
- Baked Cheetos
- Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch
- Chips & Salsa &/or Queso
5 Songs I Know the Words To:
- Somebody – Depeche Mode
- I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
- Sleep to Dream – Fiona Apple
- Ask (and most any other of their / his songs) – The Smiths / Morrissey
- Apart – The Cure
5 Things I Would Do If I Were a Millionaire:
- Pay off my debts
- Build a darkroom and studio
- Buy a new car
5 Bad Habits:
- Not keeping my house clean
- Staying up all night and sleeping all day
- Saying yes when I should say no
5 Things I Like Doing:
- Going to hockey games
- Hanging out with friends
- Watching dvds at home in my pj’s
- Sex (hey, I said I liked doing it…I’m just not right now)
I don’t know 5 other bloggers (that I can share mine with) well enough to tag (that haven’t already been tagged) them. Hmmm….how about:
- Anyone else that wants to play
Comments from old blog:
gak – Jan 21, 06: oh my god girl… this is the FIRST time i’ve ever been tagged.
you devirginized me!!!!
Denice – Jan 05, 06: I don’t do the metal in my mouth thing well either….I had braces for 3 years and metal + braces = battery….it sucked and I still remember it…
You and Nilla are fast with these, I am pathetic. Thanks for playing.
Saundra – Jan 05, 06: Well heck yeah! Of course I played! WOOHOO! Thanks for the tag!
Nilla – Jan 05, 06: That silverware thing is interesting. I don’t like to either. Some people have the chalkboard thing, but the metal/teeth screechies are awful. I like plasticware. And, I like plastic cups over glass, I hate glass! Unless I have a straw. But, that’s plastic so maybe that’s why.