A far different result from the one I took for work a few years back.
Which show would you be on?
I saw this asked on another blog. I didn’t even need to finish reading the question before I knew my answer.
I could, quite easily, be convinced to spend 24 hours in the world of Queer as Folk. I think my choice is pretty self-explanatory. I could only hope it wouldn’t be that bike ride episode. I wanna go to Babylon! And back to Brian’s loft (with his boy toy du jour…or hour) afterwards!
I know. I know. I’m not “their” type. But I could certainly enjoy the scenery, in the flesh.
A fun 2nd choice would be The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley. What a blast it would be to hang out with dear Edward! It’s like a joke how excited I would be, no question!
Your Theme Song is Back in Black by AC/DC
“Back in black, I hit the sack,
Things sometimes get really crazy for you,
But each time you stage your comeback, it’s even better than the last!
I can’t remember the last time I staged a comeback…maybe it’s time I did!
|Your Candy Heart Says “Get Real”|
You don’t lose your head, and hardly anyone penetrates your heart.
Your ideal Valentine’s Day date: is all about the person you’re seeing (with no mentions of v-day!)
Your flirting style: honest and even slightly sarcastic
What turns you off: romantic expectations and “greeting card” holidays
Why you’re hot: you don’t just play hard to get – you are hard to get
Yep. Another tag. And holy crap, is it long!!! So I’d better get started…ok, let’s see.
4 Jobs I Have Had
- Catering – From junior high until early college, I did VIP catering at the local university. Started out working concession stands with our church group, but ended up playing endentured servant at dinner parties held at the University President’s and Chancelor’s homes. The Chancelor’s wife made us get those damned french maid uniforms (not the porn version, thankfully) for events at her house. The first time we wore them, I was standing at the door greeting her guests with a tray of champagne. And she had the nerve to comment about how “cute they look in their uniforms.” I’ve never wanted to bash someone in the face with a silverplated tray more in my life.
- Office Manager at Rentronics – I met the manager in a pool hall while I was in college. He was looking for a new office manager, I was looking for a part-time job. I didn’t have to try and sell that crap to customers, just manage the paperwork and computer stuff. He got fired several months later and the new manager (who apparently was a former manager) was forcing me to do sales so he could bring back his former office person. Yeah. I’m going to talk people into spending $10,000 over a few years on a used television. I think NOT.
- Crap Jewelry Store Manager – After Mission Jewelers shut down, the manager brought me over to manage a new little costume jewelry kiosk in the mall. That was fun, until his drinking problem surfaced and I was being called at midnight to meet him at bars for “business meetings.” The kiosk pretty much fell apart not long after, but he gave me the best damn reference that essentially guaranteed my getting my current job, which I started right after college. Sort of.
- CG & Camera Operator for TV station – I wanted to do television production when I first started college. Really, I wanted to film, but a scholarship to the local school kind of changed my mind for me. So when I had an chance to get my foot in the door at a local news channel, I grabbed it. After working the news for a few months, I decided that I would never ever be able to do that for a career.
4 Movies I Could (and Do) Watch Over and Over Again
- Tombstone – Val Kilmer as Doc never gets old.
- Pretty in Pink – Jon Cryer as Duckie…I had the biggest crush on him after seeing this movie the first time. He was my ideal man…when I was 12-18. He could ride his bike past my house any time!
- The Princess Bride – Just a fun (and also very quotable) movie.
- Any Marilyn Monroe movie – some of my very favs are Some Like it Hot, River of No Return, and Gentleman Prefer Blondes
4 Places I Have Lived – I haven’t moved around much actually. But here’s what I can come up with.
- Memphis, TN – don’t remember it, but I lived there for the first 11 months of my life
- Beaumont – with my parents and later in a trailer that was essentially in their backyard.
- DFW area – in a townhome
- DFW area – in my very own first home!
4 TV Shows I Love – I don’t watch a lot of tv. But I do watch a lot of tv shows on dvd after the seasons end. I’m impatient and forgetful and can never remember the schedules. So I just watch them all on dvd in a night or two. Most of them aren’t even being made anymore.
- Queer as Folk – I’ve only seen the first two seasons so far (I think the show ended after 5 seasons) but I absolutely love it.
- Six Feet Under – Another one I started watching after the show ended. I’ve watched through the 4th season. Very dark but also very human and touching.
- Carnivale – I still can’t believe those jerks at HBO cancelled this after only two seasons.
- Most anything on HGTV – I love Designed to Sell, House Hunters, Landscaper’s Challenge, Decorator’s Challenge, Curb Appeal, etc.
4 Favorite Books – I read a lot, but in spurts. I may go months and months without touching a book. Then, the mood strikes and I’ll knock out 3 or 4 within a few weeks. I can’t think of any individual favorites…hmmm…
- The Mayfair Witches Series by Anne Rice
- The Harry Potter books
- Most anything by Stephen King or Dean Koontz
- Dr. Seuss books – I think all of life’s lessons can be learned from these
- BONUS: The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales
4 Places I Have Vacationed – I haven’t vacationed much, aside from the trips with the family growing up. But here’s a few. In a few months, I’ll get to add San Diego to the list!
- Memphis – Growing up, this was about the only place we ever got to visit. It wasn’t until I was much older that we actually got to go out and see some of the city: Beale Street (which is very cool), The Peabody Hotel, Graceland, etc.
- Seattle – Oldest brother, Dilbert, used to live there. Got to go there a few times. Pike’s Place Market was fun. And of course, my beloved Fluevog store was there as well.
- France – My youngest brother, Duckie, and I got to go for 2 weeks the summer after my high school graduation. I’d love to go back someday.
- Puerto Vallarta – Badass and I went for a week back in 2000. Would like to go again someday as well, but with better company.
4 Websites I Read Every Day – Sadly, my job doesn’t allow me much time for daily visits anywhere these days. But here’s the ones I try to hit as much as possible.
- My Blogroll Buddies
- Dallas Stars sites
- Yahoo 360 – similar to MySpace but cooler, unless you want the whole music scene
- Google – my quick source for everything 😛
4 Favorite Food (Groups)
Tagging: Anyone who wants to participate. I’m lazy tonight. Let me know if you post yours!
My Space is lame. But I stole this from Random Ramblings, so that makes it cool.
|The Best Myspace Survey|
|* . . About You . . *|
|Favorite Band::||The Smiths|
|Favorite Movie::||No way I can list just one…|
|Favorite Show::||Right now, QAF|
|Your Car::||1993 POS|
|Your Present Town::||DFW area|
|Your Crushes First Name::||Which one? Hmmm….the obvious, Mike|
|Your Grade::||A+? lol|
|Your Style::||casual and quirky|
|* . . Have You Ever . . *|
|Sat on your rooftop?:||not my current one|
|Kissed someone in the rain?:||oh yeah|
|Danced in a public place?:||yes|
|Smiled for no reason?:||yes|
|Laughed so hard you cried?:||Yes. I highly recommend it.|
|Peed your pants after age 8?:||I don’t think so. If I did, I blocked it out.|
|Written a song?:||No…unless bad poetry riddled with teen angst could be sung.|
|Sang to someone for no reason?:||TO someone, no.|
|Performed on a stage?:||Yes|
|Talked to someone you don’t know?:||yes|
|Gone out of your way to befriend someone?:||yes|
|Made out in a theatre?:||Yes…although it seems like a lifetime ago.|
|Gone roller skating since 8th grade?:||Nope|
|Been in love?:||Yes|
|* . . Who was the last person to . . *|
|Say HI to you?:||Flirt|
|Tell you, I love you?:||does “I heart you” count? If so, Dr Honeydew|
|Kiss you?:||Mexigoalie on NYE. Unless you mean a REAL kiss…then it was T|
|Hug you?:||Nala on New Year’s Day|
|Tell you BYE?:||Flirt|
|Write you a note?:||a coworker|
|Take your photo?:||Rockstar|
|Call your cell phone?:||Mom|
|Buy you something?:||Dr Honeydew|
|Go with you to the movies?:||T|
|Sing to you?:||Rockstar|
|Write a poem about you?:||Door #2|
|Text message you?:||Dr Honeydew|
|Touch you?:||I touch myself, does that count?|
|* . . What’s the last . . *|
|Time you laughed?:||last night|
|Time you cried?:||NYE|
|Movie you watched?:||Ring 2|
|Joke you told?:||uh….?|
|Song you’ve sang?:||In Your Room – Depeche Mode|
|Time you’ve looked at the clock?:||just now…it’s 7am. I need to get ready for work.|
|Drink you’ve had?:||cappucino…right now|
|Number you’ve dialed?:||voicemail|
|Book you’ve read?:||The Closers|
|Food you’ve eaten?:||yogurt|
|Flavor of gum chewed?:||Berry something|
|Shoes you’ve worn?:||fuzzy slippers|
|Store you’ve been in?:||Target|
|Thing you’ve said?:||Don’t hit snooze…don’t hit snooze.|
|* . . Can You . . *|
|Write with both hands?:||Yes, but only badly with the right|
|Whistle?:||No. Why’d ya have to rub it in?|
|Blow a bubble?:||Yes|
|Roll your tounge in a circle?:||as opposed to…a square??|
|Cross your eyes?:||Yes. It only takes one drink.|
|Touch your tounge to your nose?:||No, but I can touch my tongue to yours.|
|Dance?:||if I want to|
|Stay up a whole night without sleep?:||unfortunately|
|Speak a different language?:||not fluently|
|Prank call people?:||I can, but why would I?|
|Make a card pyramid?:||Never tried.|
|Cook anything?:||I’m good at heating things up. And baking. I just don’t do it often.|
|* . . Finish The Line . . *|
|If i were a …:||rich girl…nanananananananaaaaaa!|
|I wish …:||had no debt.|
|So many people don’t know that …:||to and too mean two completely different things.|
|I am …:||sleepy.|
|My heart is …:||tired.|
|Take this survey | Find more surveys
You’ve been totally Bzoink*d
Courtesy of the Ditsy Chick…
5 Weird Things About Me
- I never ever EVER let silverware touch my teeth. I use my lips to get things off a fork, spoon, etc. Just the idea of my teeth touching the metal makes my toes curl. And not in the good way either.
- Stray hairs in the sink or tub make me gag. I cannot brush my teeth or wash my face over the sink if there is even one tiny little hair on or near the sink. I hold my breath (don’t ask me why), close my mouth as tight as possible, and grit my teeth until they’ve all been wiped away.
- I have a ridiculously nervous stomach. If I get emotional (angry, sad, happy, you name it) to the extreme, I get naueseous. And shake.
- Clowns freak me out. Ok, that’s probably not that weird, since I have several friends that feel the same way.
- I can’t whistle. I try, but it’s just pathetic. In my head, I’m whistling a tune. In reality, I’m blowing air and if I happen to hit a note, it’s the same one over and over.
5 Snacks I Like:
- Toffee Almond Crunch ‘n Munch
- Baked Cheetos
- Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch
- Chips & Salsa &/or Queso
5 Songs I Know the Words To:
- Somebody – Depeche Mode
- I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
- Sleep to Dream – Fiona Apple
- Ask (and most any other of their / his songs) – The Smiths / Morrissey
- Apart – The Cure
5 Things I Would Do If I Were a Millionaire:
- Pay off my debts
- Build a darkroom and studio
- Buy a new car
5 Bad Habits:
- Not keeping my house clean
- Staying up all night and sleeping all day
- Saying yes when I should say no
5 Things I Like Doing:
- Going to hockey games
- Hanging out with friends
- Watching dvds at home in my pj’s
- Sex (hey, I said I liked doing it…I’m just not right now)
I don’t know 5 other bloggers (that I can share mine with) well enough to tag (that haven’t already been tagged) them. Hmmm….how about:
- Anyone else that wants to play
Comments from old blog:
gak – Jan 21, 06: oh my god girl… this is the FIRST time i’ve ever been tagged.
you devirginized me!!!!
Denice – Jan 05, 06: I don’t do the metal in my mouth thing well either….I had braces for 3 years and metal + braces = battery….it sucked and I still remember it…
You and Nilla are fast with these, I am pathetic. Thanks for playing.
Saundra – Jan 05, 06: Well heck yeah! Of course I played! WOOHOO! Thanks for the tag!
Nilla – Jan 05, 06: That silverware thing is interesting. I don’t like to either. Some people have the chalkboard thing, but the metal/teeth screechies are awful. I like plasticware. And, I like plastic cups over glass, I hate glass! Unless I have a straw. But, that’s plastic so maybe that’s why.
Saw this over at The Rock Bitch and thought I’d give it a shot. Go figure, she got one of her favorite movies, and I got one of mine. Although not by much of a margin.
I heart Duckie Dale. In fact, it’s why I call one of my brothers Duckie on here. Well, not because I love him in that way, but because he reminds me of him. Brother Duckie even dressed up as PiP Duckie for Halloween one year long ago. And the both of us (mostly me) still quote this movie entirely too often.
|Pretty in Pink
Your life mostly resembles Pretty in Pink. You have some financial difficulties, but because of them you are more creative. You are prone to having a sidekick who follows you everywhere because you are so cool.
Ok. I’m off like a dirty shirt…
Outside zippered pocket:
- Keys for work
- A very small screw (??)
- 4 pens
- 3 sticks of gum
- Business cards
- Smashbox lip gloss – Production
- Home Depot giftcard given to me by a coworker
- 2 free taco coupons from Taco Bueno (they gave them out at the game Tuesday night….and will do so everytime the Stars score 3 or more goals)
- A travel toothbrush
- Wadded up receipt from beers at the game
- My cellphone
- Small makeup bag with powder, lip liner, several glosses, a mini mascara, and my buzz latte
- Albuterol inhaler
- Bottle of Clarinex
- My billfold/wallet thing full of everything but cash
- My camera (which will be on display as soon as I do this week’s SPF)
Inside zippered pocket:
- 2 tampons
- Benefit …maybe baby perfumed powder
- Philosophy Amazing Grace perfume solid
- A Sesame Street bandaid (no, I don’t have kids…what’s your point?)
- A round tin of happy bunny watermelon sours
- A Bic lighter
- Matchbook from dinner with T a few weeks back
Gee. I feel so exposed now.
1. Nervous habits – smoking, chewing my lip or the inside of my mouth, flicking my fingernails
2. Are you double jointed – no
3. Can you roll your tongue – no
4. Can you raise one eyebrow at a time – Only my left one
5. Can you blow spit bubbles – Don’t know that I’ve ever tried.
6. Can you cross your eyes – yes
7. Tattoos – yep, 3 of them
8. Piercing – twice in each ear
9. Do you make your bed daily – I don’t even sleep in my bed most nights, why should I make it?
10. Which shoe goes on first? – Um…right. I think.
11. Speaking of shoes, have you ever thrown one at anyone? – No. I wouldn’t risk damaging my shoes. I have thrown a knife. :O
12. On the average, how much money do you carry? –Cash…. What’s that? (Exactly)
13. What jewelry do you wear 24/7 – I guess my watch is the only thing I leave on all the time. Except when I shower and stuff.
14. Favorite piece of clothing – PJ’s for me, too. Unless shoes count.
15. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it – both
16. Have you ever eaten Spam – Yes, long ago it was a frequent meal. My dad used to make fried spam sandwiches. They weren’t too bad.
17. Do you use extra salt on your food – No. I never use salt ever.
18. How many cereals in your cabinet – Right now about 5 or 6 because my parents brought their own last time they visited and left it here.
19. What’s your favorite beverage – Diet Dr Pepper, or lately I’ve been hooked on Diet Root Beer. Water is good. And of course those dirty whore martinis.
20. What’s your favorite fast food restaurant – Wendy’s. I love their chicken nuggets and spicy chicken sandwich.
21. Do you cook – I like to… it is hard for just one person (ditto that)
22. How often do you brush your teeth – twice a day
23. Hair drying method – Most days I just let it air dry. If I’m going out, I usually use the blow dryer.
24. Have you ever colored/highlighted your hair – Now that is funny. My hair hasn’t been it’s true natural color since I was about 14.
25. Do you swear – Yes, but not as badly as I used to. Working in the corporate world has taught me some restraint.
26. Do you ever spit – When brushing my teeth (ditto that)
27. Animal – I have an 11-year old border collie/lab mix.
28. Food – I don’t know of any one specific food I like. I LOVE crunchy peanut butter. And spinach. And I have Popeye’s strength and will kick your ass if you have a problem with that. lol
29. Month – December, my bday and more time off from work.
30. Day – Saturday. It’s usually my lazy day, although lately, they’ve all been pretty lazy.
31. Cartoon – Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley, I must say!
32. Shoe brand – No one in particular. Depends on the style. I love shoes and do not brand-discriminate!
33. Subject in school – English
34. Color – Green
35. Sport – To watch: hockey. To play: volleyball.
36. TV shows – I loved HBO’s Carnivale. Is it ever coming back??
37. Thing to do in the spring – go to hockey games
38. Thing to do in the summer – stay indoors in the AC as much as possible
39. Thing to do in the autumn – go to hockey games, the State Fair
40. Thing to do in the winter – go to hockey games, visit with family
41. In the CD player – Damn…that cd from T
42. Person you talk most on the phone with – Mom
43. Reading – Blink and just started The Closers
44. Do you regularly check yourself out in store windows/mirrors – Never.
45. What color is your bedroom – Very earthy: olive green, browns, and golds
46. Do you use an alarm clock –on my cell phone and my stereo and my tv and everything else I can find. I suck at waking up.
47. Window seat or aisle – Either
48. What’s your sleeping position – Used to be a side sleeper, but at some point recently I’ve switched to my back.
49. Even in hot weather do you use a blanket – Yes
50. Do you snore – Not that I know of
51. Do you sleepwalk – Not that I know of
52. Do you talk in your sleep – sometimes
53. Do you sleep with stuffed animals – Not since I was 5.
54. How about with the light on – No
55. Do you fall asleep with the TV or radio on – TV yes, because I’ve gotten in this horrible habit of, when I finally do fall asleep, sleeping on the couch
56. Last interesting person you met – If that means met in person, I’d have to say T. Dammit again.
Here’s a distraction…oh lookie! Balloons! Wheeeee!
|Your Birthdate: December 21|
You have a natural ability to express yourself in public, and you always make a very good impression.
You have a keen imagination, but you tend to scatter your energies and become involved with too may superficial matters. Your mind is practical and rational despite this tendency to jump about. You are affectionate and loving, but very sensitive. You are subject to rapid ups and downs.
Ok, the first one is pretty obvious. I’m stuck in a time warp, that I admit. The rest on this list….I’m not convinced the influence levels for those are very accurate.
Your Taste in Music:
|80’s Alternative: Highest Influence|
|80’s Pop: Highest Influence|
|80’s Rock: High Influence|
|90’s Pop: High Influence|
|90’s Rock: High Influence|
|Classic Rock: Medium Influence|
|Old School Hip Hop: Medium Influence|
|Punk: Medium Influence|
|80’s R&B: Low Influence|
|90’s Alternative: Low Influence|
|90’s R&B: Low Influence|