Still trying to schedule…

I heard from Dr Mickey’s nurse (Mike) earlier this week (Dr Kutz’s scheduler has still never contacted me the first time).  He apologized for not getting back to me sooner (he just got the message from Kutz’s person on Friday….he called me Monday.  Perfectly acceptable….unlike the woman who never once acknowledged me or returned my calls…grrr…still irritated about that).

Anyway, he indicated that Kutz’s scheduler was apparently out of the office this week (lovely) but that so far, it looked like January would be the first available dates for surgery.

WHAT?!?!

All this time the discussion has been within “4 to 6 weeks” and “definitely before Thanksgiving”.  Now we just jumped to next year?!  I think Mike could tell I was getting upset/emotional and told me to hang in there, that when Kutz’s scheduler is back, they will try to find something better and reminded me “these tumors don’t grow very fast.”  Generally, no, but if you’re the one with it in your head, and you’ve decided to get surgery, having to wait another 3 months (so almost 6 total since diagnosis) feels like an eternity!

I ended up sending a message back to Dr Kutz’s nurse through their online chart thing asking for him to call me because he had been very confident that the surgery could be done sooner rather than later, and especially this type of surgery because one of the goals is to try and preserve the remaining hearing….waiting just increases the odds that that hearing might go before then.

Dr Kutz called me the next day and said he agreed…did NOT like January as an option so he and Dr Mickey had talked and they could do October 28.

WHAT?!?!

Ok, now time for a freak out in the other direction.  lol  That’s barely a week and a half away.  I have stuff to take care of at work, clients to hand off, disability paperwork, etc, stuff to get cleared out at home, my parents have to have some notice (since they are essentially moving to Dallas to help me through the surgery and recovery).  Told him I would talk to my family /work and let him know by the next day but that I would REALLY rather something in November.

After soaking on it overnight, I just didn’t feel like I could get myself in the right frame of mind for sugery that quickly.  AND they had been very clear that I needed to stop smoking at least 4 weeks prior (this date would just barely be 3 weeks).  So I called back and asked them to look for another date.

We’ll see what happens….hopefully this doesn’t mean January.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *