Apparently I was tagged by Andrew several weeks ago but I haven’t checked in here for comments in awhile. I’ve been neglecting my poor blog. I have a confession to make about that later. But for now, I must perform my taggee duty.
The rules are pretty simple. The taggee must list 8 facts/habits about himself/herself. The taggee then becomes the tagger and tags 8 people to play the game as well.
So, here goes…
- I lost one of my two front teeth by running out of a doorway at church at precisely the same time another kid was running into it. The top of his head collided with the top of my mouth. It only half knocked my (baby) tooth out though. So we had to go see our dentist friend. He told me it wouldn’t hurt a bit, and then proceeded to yank the tooth. He lied. I screamed like a banshee. I’m much more careful and walk through doorways now.
- I wanted to go to film school, but when I got a scholarship to Lamar, I had to settle for their RTF program, a focus of the Communication Department. I worked at a news station briefly and hated it. I wanted creativity, not 2-shots of the anchors. I used to make music videos (in my head and sometimes on tape) for fun. I remember a really cool one for Judas by Depeche Mode. I wish I still had it.
- I wore glasses for about a year when I was younger because I was cross-eyed. Now I’m only cross-eyed when I drink.
- I started smoking when I was in 7th grade. So young and so dumb. I know I should quit, but I’ve never really gotten serious enough about it to even try.
- I used to play the piano. Now the only time I get to play is when I go to my parents’ house. And every time it gets harder and harder. I can still play some stuff from memory, but I struggle with reading music now. My parents have this great old upright piano that I claimed years ago as mine, but, when I first moved to Dallas, I didn’t think I’d have room for it. Now that I’m in my house, I have room, but no easy way to get it here.
- I can’t STAND metal utensils touching my teeth. Maybe that’s from having braces, I don’t know. All I know is it makes me crazy. Even if someone else bites down on a fork and slides it out of their mouth, I can FEEL it and I cringe.
- I was named after my great great grandmother. I’ve seen my name on a headstone. Weird feeling.
- When I was a kid, my brothers and I used to melt those constructo-straws on a lamp in my room. We thought it was cool. Until one day, the lamp fell over and burned my leg. I have a big round scar on my thigh from that. It’s mostly faded now, but I know it’s there.
In my case, since I don’t know 8 people who actually read this, and since one of them is the one that tagged me, I’m going to say, if you read this YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED. That means you now have to list 8 facts about yourself on your own blog and share the link by commenting here. Sounds fair, right?